Hospital Productivity Measures
IMPACT Staffing Review
Our IMPACT benchmark database contains validated staffing and activity information from more than 750 hospitals, 304 department types, and 24,000 hospital departments. Services range from an on-site organization-wide staffing review to a quick analysis of staffing practices in selected departments. With IMPACT you can:
- Develop, calibrate and adjust department-level workload-based staffing standards.
- Track workload-based productivity, hours worked to hours paid ratios, and overtime use.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities. Small improvements will produce tremendous cost savings. A productivity improvement of only five percent in just four departments (ICU, ED, Laboratory, and a Medical/Surgical Nursing Unit) will produce annualized cost savings in excess of $647,000 in a typical mid-size community hospital.
You choose the service level that makes sense for your situation. You can either:
- Order IMPACT Quick Check Reports for one or more departments today.
- Select this link if you want more information about a complete IMPACT Plus Hospital Staffing Review. Call us at (816) 587-2120 and ]we will be happy to schedule a telephone or video conference with your senior management team to help you determine if our services are a good fit for current priorities.
IMPACT Opportunity Inventory
Nothing causes more angst among department heads than missing productivity targets and not knowing what to do about it. The IMPACT Opportunity Inventory will move your managers beyond endless defensive discussions about FTE numbers to action. Real and lasting labor cost reduction and performance improvement can be achieved by systematically applying the Inventory’s tools to identify, prioritize, and resolve productivity barriers.
To learn more about how you can put the Opportunity Inventory to work in your hospital, select this link. We will schedule a video conference with your senior management team to help you determine if this solution is a good fit for current priorities.